Understanding Erectile Dysfunction
Erectile dysfunction (ED) is the consistent inability to either attain or sustain an erection. Most men have some episodes of erectile dysfunction in their adult life. However, if it is consistent or repeated, and it adversely affects his social or sex life, then it can and should be treated.
Some questions about erectile function for a man experiencing ED may include:
- Did erectile function used to be normal and now it is not?
- Is it normal with masturbation, but cannot be sustained with sex with a partner?
- Is there a connection with premature ejaculation?
- Is there the presence of penile curvature (Peyronie’s disease) and/or penile shortening?
- Is the libido or sex drive normal or is the sex drive low?
- What has been tried so far to treat this?
I delve into these issues with all men who call the practice seeking answers and treatment for ED. Certain tests such as Duplex ultrasound blood flow studies, lab studies, and injections with vasoactive substances may also be performed as part of the office evaluation. All of these ancillary tests are available at Chesapeake Urology.
Appointments & Information
*If this is an emergency, please call 911 immediately.
Please provide your email address and phone number and a Chesapeake Urology representative will contact you shortly to assist with your question or issue.
Monday–Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.